Monday, July 9, 2012

Vistors, Octopus, Kites, Icecream, and Airplanes

We had a few special visitors; Grandpa and Grandma Johnson! We went to our usual beach and a new sea creature creeped out of one of the rocks that Bryan had collected in his bucket:

a baby OCTPOUS! We were very impressed; gives me the heebie-jeebies though! Jer also squeezed in a little (unsuccessful) clam digging while we were there; those stinkers are tough!!! I told him just to kneel in the mud but I think he wanted to show off his flexibility




Bryan found a snail shell. His face says it all, he was in heaven on the beach ;)


picture taken by Troy; we're glad Lori remembered her camera!














The boys relaxing with G'ma and G'pa:

We had a day with a little breeze so Bryan took the boys out to fly a few kites:



Cael and I watched from the car. Well, I watched while he blew his usual bubbles while he slept.

Another cute little "Cael thing"; every now and then he will nuzzle his nose up against my chin. I . LOVE . IT

Happy Independence Day! We went to the parade and carnival in Dupont again since it was such a hit last year. The boys made a haul with all of their candy. Even Cael was given a onesie!

 The boys got to ride on the horses again:

And snacked at the carnival:



Thanks G'ma and G'pa Moser for the festive clothes!
We snuck in a few fireworks and could see three different firework shows from our upstairs on the third and fourth of July. Troy was so excited that he could see the shows from his bunk bed!

There was a water fight, or talk and planning of a water fight almost every day. We were all so happy that the weather warmed up so much for us!

I love this! After a big day of beach exploring and hiking the crew headed to Ben and Jerry's. Cael and I took a few rest days and stayed home while everyone else went out; after seeing this picture I was drooling over that ice-cream!!! 


At the Boeing Museum of Flight
Brock was so funny walking across this glass simulator pod. He was very cautious, stepped "over" the separators and preferred holding someones hand! Troy loved that the treadmill is on the ceiling.
Our Pilot and Copilot flying away in the kid's zone


Going for a few rides

Walking around the aircraft

The boys had a fun time as expected!

We got to walk through Airforce One, in the background, and the Concord.


We all enjoyed having G'pa and G'ma visit! Our boys were once again very well entertained and we look forward to seeing them again soon! Thanks for all of the fun you two!!

No comments: